當前位置: 希尼爾首頁 > > 譯海拾貝 > 翻譯知識



广东快乐十分要怎么玩:  實用英語-100個中國成語俗語的英文翻譯

广东快乐十分钟概率 www.gzlgt.icu 青島希尼爾翻譯咨詢有限公司(广东快乐十分钟概率 www.gzlgt.icu)2016年3月14日整理發布

     

青島希尼爾翻譯公司(广东快乐十分钟概率 www.gzlgt.icu)2016年3月114日整理了實用英語-100個中國成語俗語的英文翻譯,內容如下:

1. cry wolf 喊“狼來了”;發假警報
  If you cry wolf too often, people will stop believing that you need help.
  如果你常喊“狼來了”,人們便不會再相信你需要幫助。
  2. freak flag 獨特之處,另類的一面
  My high school literature teacher taught me to always be true to myself and to wear my freak flag proudly.
  我高中的語文老師告訴我,要永遠遵從自己的內心,驕傲地展現出自己另類的一面。
  3. get out of hand 失控
  The party got out of hand and the guests started to throw bottles at each other.
  聚會失去了控制,賓客們開始相互扔瓶子。
  4. get your head around it 明白,搞清楚
  I just can’t get my head around the fact that Joe is leaving us.
  難以置信喬就要離開我們了。
  5. dig in your heels / stick to your guns 堅持立場
  My parents wanted me to give up writing, but I dug in my heels / stuck to my guns and went on to become a famous writer.
  父母想讓我放棄寫作,但我堅持了下來,終于成為著名的作家。
  6. pound the pavement 徘徊于街頭找工作
  I’d been pounding the pavement for months before I found a job in a fast food restaurant.
  我在街上轉了好幾個月,終于找到了一份快餐店的工作。
  7. pull a rabbit out of a hat 使出奇招
  I thought we were going bankrupt, but my partner pulled a rabbit out of his hat and we landed a major contract.
  我以為我們就要破產了,誰知我的合伙人使出奇招,幫我們拉來了一個大單子。
  8. leave no stone unturned 想方設法,千方百計
  I’ll leave no stone unturned until I find out who did this.
  我會想盡一切辦法,找出此事背后的那個人。
  9. get it out of your system 不吐不快,不做不爽
  I wasn’t sure how she was going to react, but I had to get it out of my system, so I told her I had found another woman.
  我不確定她會作何反應,但我真的不想再憋著了——我告訴她,我喜歡上了另一個女人。
  10. step up your game 有更好的表現
  If you want to win this competition, you’ll have to step up your game.
  如果你想贏得這場比賽,你必須得有更好的表現。
  11. you rock 你真棒
  Thanks for the tickets, Rob. You rock!
  羅布,謝謝你提供的票。你真厲害!
  12. cut sb some slack 給(某人)方便;對(某人)網開一面
  - Andrew's late again.
  - 安德魯又遲到了。
  - Cut him some slack - his wife's just had a baby."
  - 對他就網開一面吧——他妻子剛生小孩?!?br>   13. come out swinging 開始相互攻擊
  After a day off, Hillary and Trump this morning again launched another hard week of campaigning, and they both came out swinging.
  休息了一天后,希拉里和特朗普今早又開始了為期一周的艱苦競選旅程,兩人又開始互掐。
  14. go up in flames 毀于一旦,受到重創
  His career went up in flames when he was jailed for theft.
  他因為偷盜坐牢后事業受到了重創。
  15. pull yourself together 恢復鎮定;控制自己
  I understand you’ve had a bad day, but pull yourself together and get on with your job, will you?
  我知道你這一天過得很糟,但你一定要振作起來,工作還得繼續,不是嗎?
  16. crunch time 關鍵時刻
  I’m not getting enough sleep these days. It’s crunch time at work.
  我最近睡眠不夠。正趕上工作的關鍵時期。
  17. once in a blue moon 少有地
  My sister lives in Alaska, so I only see her once in a blue moon.
  我姐姐住在阿拉斯加,所以我很少去看她。
  18. tar sb with the same brush 認為……是一丘之貉
  Because they worked so closely in the same department, John was tarred with the same brush as Tim.
  由于在同一個部門工作,關系又非常密切,約翰被認為跟蒂姆是一路人。
  19. hang in there 堅持??;挺住
  Work can get tough in the middle of a term but hang on in there and it'll be OK.
  到了學期中間功課會變得很難,但堅持下去就會好的。
  20. shoot from the hip 魯莽行動(或講話)
  Miss Lee, I have to apologize for shooting from the hip and yelling at you for losing the papers. I was in a big hurry and forgot I left them right here in my drawer.
  李小姐,我必須向你道歉。我由于找不到文件而對你發火太魯莽了。當時我實在著急,忘了是我自己把文件放在這兒抽屜里的。
  21. be a catch 值得追求的人,宜婚對象
  John is taking me out tonight. He’s such a catch, I hope he’ll propose.
  約翰今晚帶我出去了。他是個靠譜的結婚對象,我希望他能向我求婚。
  22. running on fumes 非常疲憊,就快熬不住了
  I’m sorry, but I’ve got to go home now. I haven’t slept for twenty hours and I’m running on fumes.
  抱歉,我現在得回家。我已經有20個小時沒睡了,快熬不住了。
  23. sell (sb) out 背叛;出賣
  French farmers feel they've been sold out by their government in the negotiations.
  法國農場主感到在談判中他們被政府出賣了。
  24. sell sb (on sth) 說服某人(做某事)
  OK, you’ve sold me. I’ll go with you.
  好吧,你說服我了。我跟你一起去。
  25. blow sb away 使(某人)大為驚訝;令(某人)非常高興
  The ending will blow you away.
  結局會讓你無比驚喜。
  26. blow smoke 蒙人,騙人,放煙霧彈
  I’m not blowing smoke. I have honestly read War and Peace by Tolstoy.
  我沒騙你,我真得讀過托爾斯泰的《戰爭與和平》。
  27. couldn't care less (表示強調)一點也不在乎
  - That man stole a bottle of wine from the shop.
  - 那人從商店偷了一瓶葡萄酒。
  - Oh, really? I couldn’t care less.
  - 是嗎?管我P事。
  28. chuffed to bits 高興,興奮
  Hey, thanks for the present! I’m chuffed to bits.
  嗨,謝謝你的禮物!我很喜歡。
  29. feel under the weather 生??;覺得不舒服
  I'm feeling a bit under the weather - I think I've caught a cold.
  我覺得有點不舒服——可能是感冒了。
  30. tickled pink 高興極了
  I was tickled pink to be invited.
  能受到邀請我真是開心死了。
  31. by the skin of your teeth 僥幸成功,勉強做成
  I hadn’t studied much, but passed the test by the skin of my teeth.
  我沒怎么學,但僥幸過了,離掛科只差一點點。
  32. comfort food (難過或焦慮時食用的)安慰食品,開心食品
  Fat and sugar – the twin pillars of the best comfort food.
  脂肪和糖類是安慰食品的兩大支柱。
  33. skeleton staff (企業或機構運轉需要的)最基本的工作人員
  The hospital has a skeleton staff at weekends.
  該醫院周末只有必需崗位上的工作人員會上班。
  34. baker's dozen 十三
  We had a baker's dozen of eggs for fourteen of us at the time. How could we even them out?
  當時我們十四個人有十三個雞蛋。怎么分得均呢?
  35. let the chips fall where they may 隨它去,不去管結果了
  Kathy decided to risk her money on the investment, and let the chips fall where they may.
  凱西決定冒險投資,不去管結果了。
  36. no-brainer 不費腦筋之事;容易處理的問題
  That last test question was a complete no-brainer.
  最后那道測試題絲毫不費腦筋。
  37. a stone's throw 很短的距離,擲石之遙
  The cottage is just a stone's throw from the sea.
  小屋離海只有一箭之遙。
  38. hear (sth) on/through the grapevine 從傳聞中聽說;通過道聽途說獲悉;聽小道消息知道
  I heard on the grapevine that he was leaving - is it true?
  我聽到傳聞說他要離開了——是真的嗎?
  39. sit on the fence 騎墻觀望,猶豫不決
  You can't sit on the fence any longer - you have decide whose side you're on.
  你不能再騎墻觀望了——你必須決定支持誰。
  40. take sth with a pinch of salt 對……半信半疑,對……有所懷疑
  You have to take everything she says with a pinch of salt, she does tend to exaggerate.
  你不能完全相信她的話,她總是喜歡夸大其詞。
  41. freak (sb) out 氣瘋了,樂呆了,嚇壞了
  He freaked out when he heard he'd got the job.
  得知自己被錄用后,他樂壞了。
  42. piece of cake 非常容易的事情
  The exam was a piece of cake.
  考試很簡單。
  43. hit the nail on the head 說中要害,說到點子上
  I think Mick hit the nail on the head when he said that what's lacking from this company is a feeling of confidence.
  米克說這家公司缺乏的是一種自信,我認為他說到點子上了。
  44. cost an arm and a leg 花了一大筆錢
  These shoes cost me an arm and a leg.
  這雙鞋花了我一大筆錢。
  45. hit the books 學習;做功課
  I can't go out tonight. I've got to hit the books.
  我今晚不能出門,我得做功課。
  46. bite off more than you can chew 承擔力所不及的事;不自量力
  Clinton conceded, "We bit off more than we could chew in our original health care reform proposals."
  克林頓承認,“我們最初的醫療改革計劃超出了我們的能力?!?br>   47. when pigs fly 永無可能;決不可能
  - Aren’t you going to buy that house?
  - 你不打算買那套房了嗎?
  - I will when pigs fly. It’s just so expensive, I don’t think it’ll happen.
  - 除非豬會飛吧。太貴了,我是肯定買不起了。
  48. judge a book by its cover 以貌取人
  - I don’t like our new neighbours very much, they’re quite strange.
  - 我不喜歡咱們的新鄰居,他們看起來怪怪的。
  - You shouldn’t judge a book by its cover. I think they’re just a bit quirky but really nice!
  - 不要以貌取人哦。我覺得他們雖然看起來有點怪,但性格很好。
  49. miss the boat (因行動慢而)錯過機會,坐失良機
  There were tickets available last week, but he missed the boat by waiting till today to try to buy some.
  上周還有些票,但他一直等到今天才想去買,錯過了機會。
  50. go the extra mile 付出比別人期望中還要大的努力
  He's a nice guy, always ready to go the extra mile for his friends.
  他是個好人,幫助朋友從來不怕麻煩。
  再附贈一個:
  51. shape up or ship out 行就行,不行滾(不改進就解雇你)
  This is the last time I’m telling you to arrive on time. Shape up or ship out.
  這是我最后一次跟你說:別再遲到了。你要是再遲到就卷鋪蓋走人吧。

來源:爽哥英語
注:部分內容來源于網路,轉載并不代表希尼爾翻譯公司贊同其觀點,也不代表對其真實性負責。如涉及版權,請及時通知我們,我們將盡快刪除。

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

翻譯學習、翻譯知識、英語詞匯